General Service Technician
The general service technician is responsible for performing the general service of vehicles and any additional repairs and maintenance that may be assigned to them.
- From the work order, perform oil changes and light mechanical work.
- Perform accurate safety inspections on vehicles.
- From the work order, pull the proper tire of wheel/tire combination from available stock at the discretion of management.
- Remove old tires and dismounts and mounts new tires using a tire machine.
- Balance tires and wheels on balance machine.
- Repair damaged tires and tubes.
- Check and ensure proper tire pressure in all tires.
- Assist in the receiving of stock orders and organization of stores inventory.
- Keep work area clean and orderly; follow all safety practices to prevent injuries.
- Maintain cleaning and maintenance in service department, ensuring all equipment is clean.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate with employees and customers in a friendly and respectful way.
- Ability to operate and use necessary equipment to perform job.
- Ability to lift heavy parts and tools up to 60 pounds, and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Maintain a professional appearance, shirts tucked in with belt, and well groomed.