The Tire Technician is responsible for the repair, installation, balancing, mounting, and replacement of tires, tubes, and related products on vehicles.
- From the work order, pulls the proper tire or wheel/tire combination from available stock at the discretion of management.
- Perform accurate safety inspection.
- Remove old tires, dismounts and mounts new tires using a tire machine.
- Balance tires and wheels on balance machine.
- Check and ensure proper tire pressure in all tires.
- Repair damaged tires and tubes.
- Assist in the receiving of stock orders.
- Turn in all work-orders and tickets to manager or supervisor.
- Keep work area clean and orderly; follow all safety practices to prevent injuries.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability to communicate with employees and customers.
- Ability to operate and use necessary equipment to perform job.
- Ability to lift heavy parts and tools up to 60 pounds, and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Maintain a professional appearance.